Subject: Re: Zachary Woolfe seemingly on a kill mission
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 16 Dec 2017 20:01:54 -0500

I can't imagine what kind of performance by what illustrious cast it would
take to make me buy a ticket for Lehar's grab bag of syrupy tunes. You are
right: there's no point in comparing it with NOZZE DI FIGARO or any other
real opera.

As for the essay on DIDO & ANEAS; it reads like parody; much ado
about nothing.

I'm with Woolfe; you're welcome to the turgid Ms. Harris.

dtmk