Subject: Re: Upcoming Boheme?
From: "ls111553 ." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 8 Dec 2017 12:29:28 -0400

Planet of the Apes meets Rigoletto was done in Munich by film director
Doris Dörrie. Leo Nucci quit. Maybe he didn't like the idea of being an
orangutan.
Rigoletto was kind of like Buzz Lightyear and Gilda was Princess Leia,
though her "headphone" hairstyle was modified in later performances. Their
spaceship lands on some post-nuclear dump, with rubble from European opera
houses scattered around. Looks like nothing from the MET survived the blast.
The Duke being whipped into submission by a sensous chimp during the Bella
figlia ensemble was lots of fun!
La mona è mobile, indeed...

http://intermezzo.typepad.com/intermezzo/2007/07/rigoletto-in-mu.html
https://youtu.be/UIdmmxB8s_U