Subject: Re: paris boheme
From: Richard Lamoreaux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 13 Dec 2017 10:52:57 -0700

I was able to watch the last half live and  all the opera replay
available at

https://www.medici.tv/en/others/puccini-la-boheme-opera-de-paris/

You have to be a (free) subscriber to access this, but you can sign up.

When I watched the replay from start to finish, it kind of made sense as
a play within a play, the astronauts stranded and running out of food,
water, and oxygen. Rodolpho the astronaut starts to hallucinate Mimi
and  the opera. That all kind of worked until they threw in the mime. He
was a total distraction  from the pathos of the  two stories. The music
and singing were excellent, Nicole Car and Atalla Ayan sounded great,
but were limited in their acting by the stage direction (and the mime?).

Rich Lamoreaux