Subject: Re: Met Tosca -- Terfel is out
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 13 Dec 2017 10:27:30 -0500

"...Terfel will not perform at the Met in Tosca, set to open New Year's Eve.  He is replaced by
Zeljko Lucic."

Zelko Lucic and Emmanuel Villaume, names to make the pulses quicken in anticipation.

That new production of "Tosca" is starting to sound like a must-miss event.  I look forward to
the HD, with the announcer breathlessly telling us what a wonderful performance we are
witnessing.

The production itself should be a success no matter what, because from Bondy's dreary fiasco
there is nowhere to go but up.  A very low bar for McVicar to pole vault over.

MDW