Subject: Re: Seconda Donna - Angela Meade
From: Sergio da Silva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 12 Dec 2017 02:00:59 -0500

Well i.m.h.o di Donato struggled with Semiramide although she had her moments, she is a true mezzo and singing in the higher soprano tessitura is not her best.
Meade has a quick vibrato quite pronounced but it was not a wobble last I heard her live a few years ago.
On the topic of singers who had not developed a wobble I’d include Placido Domingo until recently (nowadays he has developed one), Jose van Dam, Leo Nucci, Mariella Devia, Leontyne Price and Edita Gruberova (there are more but these come to mind)