Subject: Re: arte.tv videocast of La Scala opener covers up booing
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 11 Dec 2017 20:22:23 -0700

Apropos of the La Scala Chenier, a few thoughts.  I heard the opening
night.  I didn't really expect much from  Yusif Eyvazov.  It is an
unexceptional voice but he actually sang pretty decently.  Much better then
I expected.  Better then his wife, Mme Eyvazov.  I like Luca Scalsi.
Beautifully played by the Scala Orchestra and well conducted by Chailly.
It's always good to hear Chenier again.  Tebaldi, Milanov, Del Monaco,
Corelli, Bergonzi, Warren, Bastianini, Merrill, not to mention Muzio,
Ponselle, Cigna, Caniglia, Gigli, Lauri-Volppi, Merli, Martinelli, Bechi,
Ruffo, can all rest easy.

Donald