Subject: Re: Seconda Donna - Angela Meade
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 11 Dec 2017 14:58:59 -0500

David,

If you listen to 60 something Adelina Patti her aging voice might have had
a number of flaws (breath control primarily) but one thing she does not do
is wobble.  There are times (Serenata, La Calesera, Ah non credea....) when
she sounds younger than springtime.  Likewise Melba, Plancon, Sembrich,
Schumann Heink, Bori, Flagstad...What seems to be most prized today is a
Big Sound in a Big Hall  the fact that "Technique" can help achieve this
seems to be lost somewhere in the 19th century.

Steve