Subject: Re: Faust
From: John Greiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 8 Dec 2017 23:28:49 -0600

Add me as another fan of Faust.  I’ve actually only seen one traditional version, my first around 1971.  All the others were “juiced up” and only one kind of, sort of, worked.  (It was actually set during WW I, not from that era- Faust and Mephistopheles traveled around by bi-plane.). But it had some terrific singing so that really helped.  Some of the others were “eh” to poor at best. Houston Opera apparently has a very traditional production that they did about two years ago that I unfortunately missed.  I’d love to see a really well sung, well done traditional production again.

Best

John Greiner
Sent from my iPhone