Subject: Re: BARBARA COOK TRIBUTE, SATURDAY, 5 PM EST, WHRB (HARVARD RADIO)
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 8 Dec 2017 23:02:11 -0500

I wasn't necessarily planning on listening to the Met broadcast (the kiddie Magic Flute
adaptation has its place, but I confess I'm just not into it any more as a mere listening
experience), but am looking forward to this tribute afterwards.

BUT - does anyone in our Boston circle know if WHRB host David Elliot is ok? Last week
his voice sounded terrible on his pre and post Met programming. It could be just a
seasonal cold, but it sounded worse to me - his speech in general seemed unduly labored
and awkward. I hope he's ok, not just for his health in general, but also because his
wonderfully quirky programming choices and his incredible passion and expertise are
always a joy.

On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 22:53:58 -0500, RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>WHRB is currently in its orgy period programing.  As has unfortunately been the case for
too, too many years, opera largely absent during the orgy.  But the following tribute
scheduled for Barbara Cook.  'HRB broadcasts at 96k.  Direct link on Operacast.