Subject: Seconda Donna - Angela Meade
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 8 Dec 2017 17:48:55 -0500

I just listened to excerpts of Meade's "Norma" on the MET's website and
they confirm what I've heard live  in house (Ernani, Trovatore...)  - she
is at best a  "cover" artist or one who should only perform after the first
cast at "reduced" prices.  A vibrato ridden voice of non descript
character, reasonable agility, a faux trill, and a "dead on arrival" stage
presence.  So sad that she will wobble and waddle through one of my "desert
island" operas - Semiramide.  At one point Joyce di Donato was
also to grace this important MET revival - on the evidence of her Munich
outing it would have been a triumph.  Instead we have La Seconda in
Rossinian HD and La Rossiniana herself -Di Donato - in the wispy Massenet
confection - Cendrillion.

Go Figure...

Modify your settings: