Subject: Levine, age, and women
From: John Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 8 Dec 2017 14:31:59 -0500

Someone asked about 18 being the legal age of adulthood. Yes, in the United
States. However, it doesn't necessarily pertain to age-of-consent. It varies
by state. In Georgia, when I was growing up, the age-of-consent was 14.  It
has since been changed to 16 (with some exceptions for "Romeo and Juliet"
situations.  Of course, in many states, homosexual acts were illegal, no
matter the age of the people involved. In the US, you may be considered an
adult, but you can't legally purchase alcohol (for a brief time you could at
age 18, if memory serves). You can't run for President until age 35. My
point is there are exceptions.

As for women being predators, it seems this occurs more often in middle and
high schools. There have been several notorious cases of older, even
married, female teachers having sex (and children) with their students.

Insert here the usual disclaimer about not defending any illegal or immoral
acts.

In my position as director of my youth theatre, I have been very careful not
to be alone with children, especially females (only because I'm straight,
but any child, really), but I have had a 19-year-old female flirt with me on
more than one occasion and I was, at least, twice her age. I'm not speaking
about Levine's situation, but anyone who's worked with teens knows that this
happens and many are far, far from innocent babes.

John