Subject: Re: Terfel and Tosca (was Re: Faust)
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 8 Dec 2017 13:07:15 -0500

These appalling clips suggest to me that Terfel meant to say Bondy's
TOSCA wasn't weird enough for him.  Regretfully, the perfect Scarpia
for our time, died only a few weeks ago, but his genuinely thrilling Te Deum
was videotaped in Moscow's Red Square (!), and is a glorious antidote to
this hellish perversion.

dtmk