Subject: Re: Faust
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 8 Dec 2017 11:49:39 -0500

The only juicing up FAUST needs is that provided by a tenor like
Caruso, Bjoerling, Gedda, or Kaufmann; a soprano like Melba,
Farrar, de los Angeles.or Tucci, a bass like Plancon, Journet,
London, or Treigle, and a baritone like deLuca, Tibbet, Warren,
or Hvorostovsky. A conductor like Monteux, Beecham, Pretre, or
Levine, can't hurt either, together with affectionate and sensitive
staging.

dtmk