Subject: Sexual and psychological abuse victims
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 5 Dec 2017 17:46:28 -0500

I feel sorry for the victims. They are no different from the victims of churches where the hierarchy gang up to defend their reputation, their purse, and all the rest.  We have all heard these stories, and when they are uncovered there is a hew and cry. I do hope with the massive number of work contexts in which this is now being discussed, that some of this abuse will cease to exist. If it becomes easier to report, and to gain some help and a good response, it will change things.

For the victims it is life altering. PTSD.

I have experienced harassment and stuff I was able to reject easily because it as downright stupid. I also had one or two experiences that were more than that. And one that was pure destruction.

I have even seen very young kids subject to unbelievable behavior that has been life altering. It’s never good. In one case I wanted to speak about it to a related partner, but I was afraid of drastic repercussions.

This outing of so many at the same time is giving courage to others to speak after years of silence.

Knowing that abuse is so wounding, I think it is terrible that there is a statute of limitations. People can be dumbstruck for many years before they have the ability to speak of it at all. Some never do.

Physical and psychological abuse are equally harming in my estimation.

RP