Subject: Re: (Whatever)
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 5 Dec 2017 19:59:13 +0000

I'm coming to this issue very much in the dark about firm
facts. It certainly seems that there is at least some truth to
the rumors we've been hearing for @ forty years, and some
truth, at least, to the stories of "hush money". What I have
not heard so far is anything about when and if it ended.

I have previously been told that when the Met paid victims
in the eighties, it was with the absolute understanding that
should it happen ever again, James would be gone from the Met
forever. And, I am prepared to be informed differently, but it
is my understanding that these awful episodes did end. That
may not be true, but if it is, we should at the least stop treating
the Met bigwigs as though their payoffs were nothing better
than a permission slip.

I think that James Levine should be gone, regardless, but I
would feel vastly better informed about all if it if we knew
more about what happened over the course of the last thirty
and more years.

We may all have our own opinions but we may not all have
our own facts!

Bob