Subject: Re: Now it's the NYCB
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 5 Dec 2017 08:46:52 -0500

Gelb called it "a tragedy for everyone involved" or some such words.

It is no such thing; Levine stands alone as the tragic figure in all this.
He alone persisted in yielding to a deviant sexual appetite, and thereby
betrayed the millions who held him in respect for his unique artistic
gifts.

The embarrassment, inconvenience, or discomfort that these untimely
allegations have aroused are not the elements of tragedy, but of pathos.

dtmk