Subject: Re: METś Annoucement
From: Marc Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 4 Dec 2017 21:50:30 -0500

The *Post’*s exposé landed at 4:30pm on Saturday: by broadcast time, the
Met had know it was coming. Levine himself must have known too, as the
*Post* says he and his agent declined “multiple requests for comment.”

The initial announcement was merely that an outside firm had been hired to
investigate him, with no mention of suspension. *That* announcement only
came later, once the *Times* was about to publish accounts of two
additional men who allege that Levine molested them years ago. From that
chronology, it seems that the suspension was an afterthought.

This is not a good look for the Met, as they knew about these allegations
over a year ago, and chose to do nothing. Nothing materially changed, other
than the fact of publication.

--
Marc Shepherd
New York, NY