Subject: Levine, James
From: Paul Ricchi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 4 Dec 2017 23:33:32 +0000

So we have a situation about the reprehensible behavior of an icon, that
will likely bring disgrace – and perhaps some culpability and accusations
of enabling -  on the institution he lead artistically.

We also have frothing at the mouth on special interest social networks but
mainstream media outside of Chicago, NY and Boston do not care very much.
(There was commentary by one talking head about “James Luh-VEEN who is
conductor of the Metropolitan Opera.”)

 *I *read one comment – I think it was the Boston Globe comments section -
questioning what Rudolph Bing knew and when. Why stop there?  I think
Edward Johnson and Giulio Gatti-Casazza may have much to answer for.

Now on Opera-L we have people telling people who heard rumors for years
that they have heard rumors for years. Thanks.

 Someone asked “How has your opinion of Levine as a man changed?” The
answer was easy, I do not know him as a man, only as a musician – so
nothing has changed. It is now that we are learning about him as a man.

It is dangerous to have opinions of performers you do not really know, they
ARE NOT necessarily what they DO publically.