Subject: Hvorostovsky's "Credo"
From: Pandora Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 4 Dec 2017 21:11:42 +0000

A week or two ago someone on the List (Les?) requested recommendations for DH recordings. Another member (one of the gentlemen, I think) mentioned Hvorostovsky's recording of Russian sacred music, "Credo." Quoting DH, "I believe...in the power of Russian sacred music to transport the spirit, to open our eyes to the mysteries of faith and to teach us, as Dostoevsky believed, that 'beauty will save the world.' "
I don't know about beauty "saving the world" -  one can only hope.  But the music on this cd is absolutely transporting and spirit-lifting. I've listened to it pretty much non-stop since receiving it four days ago. Program notes are nice too. So, sincerest thanks to whomever it was who suggested it!  Pandora