Subject: Re: Nezet-Seguin (was Levine)
From: John Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 4 Dec 2017 15:15:24 -0500

Then I think you have missed the point of the objections, Tom. Why should
the Met or any other organization "vet" a gay man? Why is a gay man any
different from any other.
Is it that you also equate gayness with pedophilia?

I believe the issue with James Levine is not that his "victims" were male,
but that he coerced them and used his position of power to persuade them
against their will.

Given that, in one of these cases, he was only a few years older than the
boy there might be no issue if the boy were a willing (or even enthusiastic)
participant. In a situation like that there would have been no inappropriate
seduction and, most likely, no trauma.

John