Subject: Re: Dugazon
From: Scott Grunow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 4 Dec 2017 15:04:14 -0500

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise-Rosalie_Lefebvre

Note there are two types, "young" and "old," or more specifically, "daughter" and "mother."

I always thought roles like Marthe in Faust and Mistress Benson in Lakme were for "dugazon meres."

Could Jane Berbie be classified as a dugazon? I am thinking because she did sing Despina, not a French role, of course, but the requirements seem to fit that voice category: a character part, undemanding tessitura. Yep, Bartoli sang that part too.

Mezzomaniac