Subject: Re: Levine
From: Scott Grunow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 4 Dec 2017 11:57:30 -0500

"This is a link to an article published in the NY Times today which copies a
1979 letter from Anthony Bliss, then General Manager of the Met, to a board
member concerning a letter he received about James Levine and sexual
misconduct.  He is basically telling the board member that it was deemed to
be scurrilous and not true.  Its an interesting read.  My feeling is that
he (Bliss) the board and many in the business knew about this all along but
decided it was worth their trouble to cover up and sweep under the rug.  I
am not judging anyone, least of all, James Levine but what used to be
considered a subject not to be talked about or brought up is now an
important topic of comment.  The world changes and how we view ourselves
and others has changed also."
Thanks for the link, and I agree wholeheartedly with Don's fair and honest assessment of the situation.'
Let's face it: give our communication venues these days, it is well nigh impossible to sweep anything under the rug.
Scott Grunow, aka Mezzomaniac