Subject: Re: Levine
From: Michael McPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 4 Dec 2017 08:18:29 -0500

On Dec 4, 2017, at 8:07 AM, Kiwi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> And what is up with the Met?  This stuff about James Levine has been around for decades.  Now that he is faltering in health and ability, they suddenly grow a conscious and decide to suspend?

And while I wouldn’t have condoned it, for the life of me I don’t understand why the Met didn’t take the opportunity to cut their ties with Levine when he came down with his ailments. Instead of spending hundreds of thousands rearranging the orchestra and other projects, they could have let him retire and then plead shock years later when these allegations were revealed. Did they honestly believe they would never become public?

Michael

Michael McPherson