Subject: A post from Stefan Zucker
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 3 Dec 2017 22:17:31 -0500

The following is a request from Stefan Zucker who obviously is banned
 from posting on Opera-L. The opinions expressed are clearly Zucker's
 alone.

Dear Idia,

  Since Kos blocks my posts, I’d be grateful if you’d send this one to
 Opera-L for me.

  In the early 80s a few listeners to “Opera Fanatic” urged me to do an
 expose on Levine’s alleged sexual abuses. Looking into the matter I
 found that Shirley Fleming, who at the time was writing for the New
 York Post, had put the investigative arm of that paper on the case.
 They had come up with no instances of arrests or payoffs—nothing but
 rumors. I mentioned that on air.

  In the late 80s an opera reviewer for certain publications, David,
 found his way to me. He was loose lipped and told me about his affair
 with Levine, which had begun when David was slightly underage.

  David had thought of himself as heterosexual, but Levine caused him
 to respond to his advances. The relationship was consensual. Levine
 was helpful to David in various ways and was solicitous of his
 welfare. They had come to care for one another. I didn’t have the
 heart to expose their relationship.

  Speaking of Kos, after Albert’s death he posted that Albert had sent
 him insulting emails. In 1986 Albert had appeared many times as a
 guest commentator on “Opera Fanatic,” and I had published some of his
 observations in issue 2 of Opera Fanatic magazine. He and I, along
 with one or the other of my girlfriends then, had gone to dinner on
 any number of occasions. We had a falling out (described in the
 Archives)—Albert had fallings out with everyone. Still, we kept in
 touch after I began posting here in 2005. He was very bitter because
 he said Kos had blocked a considerable number of his posts. Albert
 said he would work on a post for hours only to have Kos block it. I
 know the feeling well. Kos can be inquiry limiting.

  Stefan