Subject: Re: Levine
From: Ken Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 3 Dec 2017 20:55:43 -0500

Many if not most opera lovers apparently heard the rumors and accepted them
as true years ago. It seems then that the public has spoken. (Has the public
been tacitly complicit? I don't have an ready answer.) It could finally
choose to boycott Levine's work now, at this moment of peak outrage at
sexual abuse, out of revulsion, out of guilt, out of embarrassment. But if
the Met wants to make a statement now by pulling is recordings, well, he
isn't the only person on those recordings. I would think that any such move
would be temporary.