Subject: Re: It's already in the newspapers
From: Alain Letort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 3 Dec 2017 16:28:51 -0500

Dear Listers,

“L’affaire Levine” is all over the European media.  A few examples :

FRANCE

Le Figaro (Paris) :

“James Levine accusé d’agression sexuelle”

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2017/12/03/97001-20171203FILWWW00015-james-
levine-accuse-d-agression-sexuelle.php

“Le chef d'orchestre américain James Levine accusé d'agression sexuelle”

http://www.lefigaro.fr/musique/2017/12/03/03006-20171203ARTFIG00067-le-chef-d-
orchestre-americain-james-levine-accuse-d-agression-sexuelle.php

ITALY

Corriere della Sera (Milan) :

“Molestie sessuali, sotto inchiesta il direttore d’orchestra James Levine”

http://www.corriere.it/spettacoli/17_dicembre_03/molestie-sessuali-sotto-inchiesta-
direttore-d-orchestra-james-levine-metropolitan-opera-new-york-9605c5b0-d840-11e7-
83d0-5335217d8231.shtml

La Stampa (Turin) :

“Il direttore d’orchestra James Levine sotto indagine per molestie sessuali”

http://www.lastampa.it/2017/12/03/spettacoli/showbiz/il-direttore-dorchestra-james-
levine-sotto-indagine-per-molestie-sessuali-sORcoH8gRXE4A0YtDnNAvJ/pagina.html

Il Giornale (Milano)

“Molestie sessuali, indagato il direttore d'orchestra James Levine”

http://www.ilgiornale.it/news/cronache/molestie-sessuali-indagato-direttore-dorchestra-
james-levine-1470098.html

GERMANY & AUSTRIA

Die Welt (Berlin) :

“Schwere Vorwürfe gegen James Levine” (Serious allegations against James Levine)

https://www.welt.de/newsticker/dpa_nt/infoline_nt/boulevard_nt/article171219881/Schwer
e-Vorwuerfe-gegen-James-Levine.html

Die Presse (Vienna) :

“New Yorker Met untersucht Missbrauchsvorwürfe gegen James Levine” (New York Met
investigates abuse allegations against James Levine)

https://diepresse.com/home/ausland/welt/5332144/New-Yorker-Met-untersucht-
Missbrauchsvorwuerfe-gegen-James-Levine

and so on and so forth . . .

The Met really can’t dodge this issue any longer now.  How soon before all the world-famous
opera singers who fawned all over JEEEM-meee in public (think all all those PBS specials
and televised Met galas) are splattered by this scandal ?  How soon before the Met is
accused of covering up.

The implications of all of this are just too awful to cotemplate.

Cheers and all the best,

Alain

Alain Letort
Washington, D.C.