Subject: Re: Levine
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 3 Dec 2017 15:26:58 -0500

"Rumors" have also circulated for years about a male casting couch situation with a
member of the producing wing of Les Miserables (the original American production and
tours) - this man is still around and really should be brought to light. Also, Tom Wopat
was arrested in a Boston suburb this summer due to an incident brought by a female
member of the summerstock production he was starring in...he was fired from the show,
but there were also a lot of insinuations that this was hardly his first offense.

The rumors about Levine are certainly well-known, and none of this should be a shock to
anyone anymore. We've treated these rumors with the same kind of "silent conspiracy"
we all learned to live with in earlier times (c.f. the Catholic priest incidents, etc), and I
think it's time indeed that we stop brushing this stuff under the carpet. Granted, none of
us want to deal with this kind of ugliness, but I don't think it serves anyone anymore to
just pretend it's not happening. Levine could have been stopped years ago, and should
have been - but he still can be.

And, as for Levine, I can indeed separate the felon from his talent the same way I can
admire Wagner's music - but yes, it is time for him to face a different kind of music now.