Subject: It's already in the newspapers
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 3 Dec 2017 14:40:43 -0500

THE WASHINGTON POST, U.S.A. TODAY, and the BBC have already published and broadcast
that the Metropolitan Opera is launching a full scale investigation into James Levine's
activities over the last forty years.  This has all evolved from the allegation made by one
individual who has made an allegation over an incident at Ravinia Park in the Chicago area.
It appears that more allegations are going to emerge.  I've read the U.S.A. TODAY story,
and I also went to Google, where all these stories can be viewed.
     What I'd like to know is whether some artists who worked so closely with Levine had
any knowledge of what was going on ----- artists like Domingo, Horne, Price, Rysanek,
Pavarotti, Scotto, Nilsson, and other superstars from that not so distant period.  I realize
that there have been rumors for years and years.
     It's kind of hard to believe that none of them were aware, but in the manner of the day,
probably felt that it was best to "look the other way" or feel that "it's only a rumor and why
should I get involved"?  In the 70s and 80s, that was kind of the mindset.  Today, looking at
it with different eyes, we may wish that they should have taken a stand.  And what about
the PREVIOUS managers of the Met BEFORE Gelb???
     Well, a lot of stuff is probably going to come out.  The Met is only an opera company,
and a closet-knit one ---- unlike the motion picture industry.  While it's plausible that a lot of
actors may have been unaware of Weinstein's activities, it seems much LESS plausible that
artists and managers at the Met were totally unaware of what was going on.
     Could have all the makings of a huge scandal.