Subject: Re: Levine
From: Max Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 3 Dec 2017 11:32:27 -0800

Anything is possible.

You can’t convict a guy on rumor and gossip and sheer prevalence of gossip doesn’t make it more true ( the “where there’s smoke there’s fire” argument).

If we let that happen, we create a situation where anyone who has a grudge - rival, jilted lover, disappointed business partner, etc. - would only have to go around often enough saying “I have it on good intelligence that he was arrested for lewd acts with boys” or “I heard from someone who knows that she was sleeping with Nazis” or “I’ve heard from a very reliable source that he has AIDS but doesn’t use condoms” and the person’s life is destroyed even with no truth to the allegations.

The stories about Levine have been frequent and long running. Before any action gets taken, a real investigation with credible witness statements has to happen first.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPad