Subject: Re: Levine
From: Marc Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 3 Dec 2017 14:32:18 -0500

That does not seem possible. Famous people get arrested all the time, and
you hear about it. A bail hearing requires a court appearance. Any arrest
of James Levine would have had multiple witnesses (police, court officials,
others in jail). There is no way the Met could have bought them all off,
several times over, such that no witness ever talked.

I do think there is likely some basis to the Levine allegations: there is
too much smoke for there to be no fire. But with so few real facts out
there, I think the rumor mill has inventively filled in a lot of the
details. I would be shocked if he was arrested “several times,” and no
police report, arrest record, court appearance, etc., was ever made public.
Levine is powerful, but he isn’t *that* powerful.

--
Marc Shepherd
New York, NY