Subject: Dreaming with Pretty Yende
From: Jason Victor Serinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 3 Dec 2017 11:22:09 -0800

https://www.stereophile.com/content/dreaming-pretty-yende

At age 16, South African soprano Pretty Yende (b. 1985) encountered the now
legendary British Airways TV commercial whose soundtrack included the
gorgeous "Flower Duet" from Bizet's *Lakmé*. Astounded, she immediately
went to her high school teacher in the small town of Piet Retief, about 200
miles from Johannesburg, to ask what kind of music she had heard. When she
learned that it was opera, she knew almost immediately that she wanted to
be an opera singer.

Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/dreaming-pretty-yende#
JffuGEFp4Um1zz2v.99

---
Jason Victor Serinus http://www.jasonserinus.com     Whistler
Extraordinaire: **The Voice of Woodstock • The Pavarotti of Pucker**
Music and audiophile critic: Seattle Times, Port Townsend Leader,
Stereophile, Listen, San Francisco Classical Voice, Bay Area Reporter, Gay
City News, American Record Guide, Classical Voice North America, Stanford
Live, Opera Now, Copper, and more

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the
tormentor, never the tormented.” — Elie Wiesel

“This is a time to remember all of us who are LGBTQ. It’s a time to stand
out and be proud, to parade who we are, to celebrate and to let them know
we will not be silenced, we will not be stopped, we will not go back into
the closet. Together, we will love.” — JVS at our Orlando Massacre Support
Rally in Port Townsend, WA