Subject: Re: Levine accused of sexual abuse
From: Peter Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 2 Dec 2017 18:53:30 -0500

"If these rumors are true... does it change how you view the man?"

What are the rumors, please? I'm not in the New York opera loop, so all I've heard for many years is a general whiff of pedophilia allegations. I've never heard anything specific. If there is something specific, then my answer is that it would poison my enjoyment of Levine's artistry.

My request for more specifics is rhetorical. The request itself can come across as creepy. That's the problem. No one wants to talk specifics, so those of us who don't know what's going on take a presumption-of-innocence approach and ignore it. I don't want to ignore it but there is nothing for me to believe or disbelieve. I hope if there are credible accusers they will feel free to speak now. And if they have spoken and I've missed it, my apologies, and please direct me to their statements.