Subject: Re: Levine accused of sexual abuse
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 2 Dec 2017 18:28:17 -0500

OK, I'll bite.

If these long rumored rumors are true....  Is this another one of those
areas where you have to put things in 'context' and put the man in a
different box than the musician so you can assuage consciences?

If these rumors are true... does it change how you view the man?  Can you
justify ignoring a private life of potential pedophilia  because his talent
as a conductor pleases?  Do the horrors that an individual does in private
life have no impact on his or her public life?

I truth, I talked with at least one singer who works primarily on the
continent who comes occasionally to the Met who said he/she would not work
with Levine, because this singer wouldn't work with such a person regardless
of what it meant as far as opportunities to work at the Met.   I am
guessing, since this seems to have been an open secret among the artists,
that this position was an exception rather than a rule, and many singers
made the decision that as long as he/she wasn't personally involved, it was
fine to work with the conductor.

So, bottom line:  Do you Levine fans out there care that the guy may be a
pedophile?  Does it change anything for you?

Just curious, especially in light of the current flurry of accusations /
firing among public figures.  Several folks have been accused (and not been
to trial) and have immediately been dismissed from their high-profile jobs.
On the other hand, we have an accused pedophile who may win a seat in the US
Senate.