Subject: Re: No Women sex offenders?
From: John Greiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 7 Dec 2017 22:13:25 -0600

I was going to stay silent on this.  I have been both sexually harassed and sexually assaulted by women.  In the case of the harassment, it was when I was a college intern.  The powerful woman involved was more than twice my age and probably outweighed me by 150 pounds.  She would call me into her office, spread her legs, lift her skirt and start adjusting her garters and stockings.  I think she thought it was sexy, it was not.  She did this several times, and it became known.  My co-workers stopped having me go in to see her, they protected me from being alone with her, and when the summer was over I went back to school.

The sexual assault by a woman happened in a bar where I was out dancing with friends.  A woman came up (definitely older than I was) and asked me to dance.  I was polite and said yes, not really thinking anything would come of it.  I was wrong.  To make a long story short, she masterbated on me on the dance floor.  The other patrons were shocked at what she was doing.  The dance ended and she wanted to continue but I shoved her off.  I went home with a friend of mine, needing to change my clothes (which were wet from her “secretions” among other things), and other friends there had her removed from the bar.   And that was the end of it.  Though it still upsets me 35 plus years after the fact

Which brings me to another issue/point.  We forget how much times have changed.  The thinking was very different when Levine did these things.  The thinking used to be, more or less, that when I guy was able to “get it up” he was considered “good to go”.  This was in the sixties and much of the seventies.  If you look back at it, or at things like the Anthony Bliss letter, the bigger concern would have been Levine being gay rather than the age of the teenagers he was with.  Think about it..

Brook Shields had a nude layout in Playboy at the age of 10.  And “nothing” came between her and her Calvin’s at 13/14.  When someone wrote to Dear Abby (hardly “liberal” in these matters) that a female neighbor had “initiated “ her 14 year old son into sex, her initial advice was to forget about it because he was a boy.  It was only after people pointed out to her that if it had been a 14 year old girl with an older man did she change her position on the matter.  And of course kiddie porn - sick, disgusting stuff - was not actually outlawed in the US until the 1980s.  1980s.  ( And that doesn’t include Roman Polanski and Woody Allen and Tracy Lords, who was used as long as they could get away with using her, and lots of other activity between adults and teenagers.)

However, gay sex was illegal in many places.  So Bliss or the Met May not have been covering up or hiding sex with teenagers.  They could been far more concerned with him being gay and outed.  Times have changed, and they should have.  Priests and others got away with things - abuse - they should not have, but the attitude was very different and now it is fortunately changing.

One last thing.  There is a legal difference between being an adult - age 18 in the US - and being the age of consent.  In most states it is 16. In fact, not only can you consent to sex, but, believe it or not, in 30 states you can get married at that age WithOUT parental approval.  That is of 2017.  States have been changing the law and raising the age, but in the 1970s these ages were typically lower.

As I said, things are changing for the better, and no one - NO one - regardless of age should ever be forced to do something they don’t want to do or be abused by those in power.  But those voicing conspiracies I think need to rethink this a bit, and realize times were very different.

I k ow this is rambling, and I could add more,  but I’ll stop for now.

John Greiner

Sent from my iPhone