Subject: My Met Debut ...
From: Christopher Weimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 7 Dec 2017 22:32:47 -0500

So I realized that 40 years ago tonight, I attended my first-ever Met
performance.  Was anyone else there, having no idea we'd be reading each
other's posts 4 decades later via these things called email and the
internet?  From the Met archives:

[Met Performance] CID:251620
Madama Butterfly {585} Metropolitan Opera House: 12/7/1977.

Metropolitan Opera House
December 7, 1977

MADAMA BUTTERFLY {585}

Cio-Cio-San.............Renata Scotto
Pinkerton...............Gianfranco Pastine [Last performance]
Suzuki..................Shirley Love
Sharpless...............Ryan Edwards
Goro....................James Atherton
Bonze...................Richard Best
Yamadori................Russell Christopher
Dolore..................Gina Puleo
Kate Pinkerton..........Alma Jean Smith
Commissioner............Arthur Thompson
Registrar...............Fawayne Murphy

Conductor...............Giuseppe Patanč

I know forty years at the Met is nothing compared to some of my fellow
aficionados here, but nevertheless, it felt like a milestone worth putting
out there!

Christopher Weimer