Subject: Re: FW: LEVINE
From: Marc Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 7 Dec 2017 19:19:32 -0500

The statute of limitations has expired on these events — at least the ones
we know of — so there can be no prosecution, even if they could prove the
worst. I can tell you that in cases of statutory rape, you had better have
a better defense than, “I forgot to ask for his birth certificate.” If
that’s the best the Defendant’s got, he’s in big trouble.

Beyond that, these cases are *really* about abuse of trust, which is creepy
and wrong, even if no actual crime has occurred. That is why Charlie Rose,
Al Franken, Louis CK, Matt Lauer, Harvey Weinstein, Mark Halperin, *et al*,
are all out of their jobs.

--
Marc Shepherd
New York, NY