Subject: Re: Upcoming Boheme?
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 7 Dec 2017 15:58:37 -0500

From the Medici TV website:

"In this staging, the stage director Claus Guth sets the story in a dystopian
future."

Because, of course, "La Boheme" is all about a dystopian future.  It's right
there in the text!  (Can't remember just where, right now, but I know it
must be...)

Oh, wait, I get it.  Rodolfo sings, "Ma per fortuna e una notte di luna, e qui
la luna l'abbiamo vicina."  Hence the setting on the moon.  How could I
have missed that?  As the Monty Python sketch says, "What a silly bunt!"

MDW