Subject: Levine - Responsibility of Management
From: David Coco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 7 Dec 2017 09:21:40 -0600

Am I the only one that finds it odd that the MET is launching its own investigation into the allegations against James Levine?
The only explanation I can think of is that they know there is something that involves the MET and they want to control how it is revealed. It’s not like the MET can bring charges against Levine for actions to which they have no party.
I also find it strange that the first victim to come forward contacted a MET board member first. Even though his case has nothing to do with the MET (as far as we know), he must have been expecting some kind of pay-off or hush money. Why else approach that body before the police or an attorney?
I do think that Levine’s evasions over the years about his private life, especially in this day and age, reflect a weirdly juvenile attitude toward his own sexuality.  Apparently, he thinks of it as a dirty little secret that no one can know. Who cares? What a shock that someone in the music/entertainment/ performance world is gay.

My 2 (maybe 3) cents worth.

D.Coco