Subject: I smell a book in the making
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 7 Dec 2017 03:34:03 -0500

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if some insider within the Met organization decides, or has
possibly already decided, to write a tell-all book about James Levine.  Of course for the
book to be valid, it has to be backed by facts and proof.  I'm sure that opera lovers and
music people will be very interested in reading about it.
     Also, while Mr. Levine himself may emerge from this with a mere slap on the wrist (in
consideration of his age and physical problems, his days of wielding a baton are certainly
over.
     I agree with a previous poster that predicts that he will merely slip out of sight, go into
total hiding, and seek a sanctuary in some obscure place in the U.S. or in Europe.  I doubt
whether he will be seen again.
     Since these events most certainly took place prior to the Gelb administration, I don't
think this gets the Met off the hook.  There could be charges of cover-up, obstruction of
justice in the form of payouts, as well as the onslaught of lawsuits against the Met, who a
good lawyer could accuse of being complicit in this ugly affair.
     No ----- this is most emphatically NOT over.  It is just beginning, and there's a possibility
that the Met could pay dearly for this.
     I'm also sure that within the next year, there will be a tell-all book but it had better be
based on fact and on proof than mere supposition.
     It shouldn't be written, but money is a powerful motivator.