Re: Trovatore/Don Carlo arias/not arias

Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 3 Dec 2017 15:48:06 -0500

text/plain

My dear Bird:
In the Aria Database the following about Don Carlo's first aria was clearly
acknowledged as an aria, hence my confusion of your post stating it was
not actually considered a real aria. Please explain the difference. I really
want to learn about it.
I have liked that aria so much that I have found myself humming it on
occasion. Thank you, my friend.
http://www.aria-database.com/search.php?individualAria=495