Subject: Carol Neblett
From: Charles Mintzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 30 Nov 2017 11:10:41 -0500

I wanted to share this correspondence, but I did not have access to my files when I was away for Thanksgiving:

November 4, 1987
Dear Mr. Mintzer,
The photo of Norman Treigle and me I prefer not to sign,. It was a “hurried” press shot in a rehearsal room of the City Opera. As you can see they dropped a robe on me and a sloppy wig and threw us together in a strange position. I don’t remember this ever taking place in the opera.

I loved Norman dearly and I hope you will keep this photo in your private file and cherish his memory as I do.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and I am pleased you are a fan.

After having my third child who is now 2-1/2 years old (Adreanne) I am now in excellent vocal and physical shape again and will be singing a lot of newer repertory ie: Aida, Otello, Norma, Donna Anna, etc.

I will hope to see you at some of my future performances.

My best wishes to you,
Carol Neblett
(Mrs. Philip R. Akre)