Subject: Re: Dress code at Met New Year’s Eve
From: "Max D. Winter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 29 Nov 2017 22:00:45 -0500

That's really up to you and how festive or dressy you want to make it.  When I took my
(adult) daughter to the Met for the first time, it was not a gala performance or even a first
night, but as it was a special occasion for us, and we were eating in the Grand Tier restaurant
and sitting in a box, we dressed up, she in long gown, me in tux.  But that was our choice.
(If anything we were overdressed, but so what?)

Incidentally, without exception all my experiences sitting in a box at the Met over the years,
in a variety of positions around the box level, have been terrible - uncomfortable, cramped,
and with terrible sightlines unless you are in the front row.  To anyone who wanted to sit in a
box seat I would say - don't waste your money.

MDW