Subject: Re: When to retire
From: Idia Legray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 28 Nov 2017 23:03:20 -0500

Did I hear someone say Magda Olivero? What gigantic strong muscles she
had and she used them to advantage.
Yes, she had a vibrato to the annoyance of some but her embracing of a
role right down to her very being was a gift that washed away any deficits
she might have had.
Never to be forgotten.

On another note: I saw AVA's production of Trovatore this evening and was
mighty impressed with some really fine voices.  The Manrico has such a
beautiful voice -- too bad his acting was like a stick.  Today, a beautiful
voice just isn't enough.
The Leonora too had a fine voice but there are so many fine sopranos
today, she's got her work cut out for her.
The Azucena ran away with the roses this evening.  She's a natural.
The Count di Luna got me good. When he began Il Balen I lost it and I
don't even have to tell you why.  You get it!
It was a very fine evening with a small company that did their best and
came up smiling.
(Forgive me - I misplaced my program and cannot remember their names)