Subject: Re: When to retire
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 28 Nov 2017 19:10:07 -0500

I have a very faint memory of seeing a Connecticut Opera production of The Merry Widow in
the late 1970's, with Anna Moffo as Glawari, when I was in high school.

I'm admittedly not a big fan of "Widow" - and I guess that opinion started that night. I have
very little recollection of how Moffo sang, but the evening seemingly made very little of an
impression on me in any way. (Had Moffo been surprisingly good, or horribly bad, I'm sure I
would have remembered. I think she was probably just rather bland.)

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 12:38:13 -0600, k youngmann <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Also, I just thought of an appearance Anna Moffo made on Italian television singing
(croaking, actually) the Ballatella from Pagliacci. She was beyond just hanging around a
little too long.