Subject: Re: When to retire
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 28 Nov 2017 15:47:59 -0500

I think for some singing in front of an audience is a kind of physical
compulsion that overcomes their ability to hear what they sound like.
Everything I have read about Bergonzi suggests he was like that.  He
certainly had a troop of enablers with the 'Otello' fiasco.  But how could
he himself not realize that he could not sing above G?  There has to be
something psychological to explain it.

David Kubiak

Modify your settings: