Subject: Re: Retire???
From: Ombrarecds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 28 Nov 2017 10:32:25 -0600

I saw and preserved the Callas Boston concert in 1974. It was one of three Callas concerts I saw that year. Amazingly the voice worked very well in Boston. She didn't have Giuseppe with her that night and it seemed to make a difference. She attacked high notes with abandon and the middle voice was more secure. Once her nerves settled she threw herself into the arias, Sola perduta, Tu che la vanita, and particularly Voi  lo sapete. The thunderous reception was not just for memories past but a gut reaction to wonderful singing and that indescribable magic that a few singers have.

Patrick Byrne

Sent from my iPhone