Subject: Re: Retire???
From: Frank Cadenhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 28 Nov 2017 06:25:55 -0500

Just a few weeks ago, Thomas Hampson was singing Danilo in Merry Widow at
Bastille. I went because my ticket was unrefundable and doubted I would like the
opera and suspected Hampson would not be up to it. He was missing vocal splash
but made up with it with charm and warmth. I was seduced by both him and Lehar.
Incidentally the role of Njegus was sung by someone named Siegfried Jerusalem.

Frank Cadenhead