Subject: Re: Met Requiem
From: Paul Ricchi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 27 Nov 2017 20:25:10 -0500

“I remember a time when singers who passed their primes retired”

Maybe I am not old enough to remember that time, but I am old enough to remember Kirsten, Tebaldi, Milano’s, Milnes and others being rapturously received for what they were rather than what they had become. Affection and respect can dull the critical faculties.

Sent from my iPhone