Subject: Re: Met Requiem
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 27 Nov 2017 18:03:11 +0000

Donald

Please don't take this as an affront. I am pointing it out because
it has been almost universal in its misuse since DMITRI Hvorostovsky
died last week. There is no "i" between the D and M.

As far as Furlanetto is concerned, he was at the end of his rope a decade
ago. What passed for a dcent King Philip was a puzzlement as long ago as
2005 and I said so at the time. A fine Leporello did not a great basso
profondo make. Vocal histrionics do not replace good vocalism, thiugh they
may complement it where it exists.

Bob