Subject: Re: Will the Met Close Next Season?
From: Ombrarecds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 27 Nov 2017 10:32:58 -0600

Opera needs to get back to the basics, great voices in attractive productions. All this concept crap is a turnoff. The director is NOT the star. The singer, composer, conductor are the stars
I just sat through the most excruciating evening ever, something called "Everest".
An amazing set, nothing else. Sound effects, buzzes, whistles, screeches and endless percussion. No character delineation or anything resembling music. You had to read the monitors on the seat back to understand the dialogue, even though it was in English.
I dropped my subscription last year after decades because of this sort of nonsense.

Patrick Byrne
Sent from my iPhone